Smart and connected devices are ubiquitous in today’s busy life. Although we’re accustomed to using these devices inside our homes, a leading lawn care equipment manufacturer wanted to understand the opportunities to bring automation and connectivity to consumers’ outdoor living spaces. Our client needed help framing the opportunity to use smart, connected technology to change how they offer services and better meet customers’ needs.
Supporting Product Development
To help our client understand the connected device opportunity, we uncovered answers to the following issues:
- Market trends and customers’ needs
- Technology developments around lawncare
- Regulatory developments that impact or curtail opportunities
- Opportunities for lawncare as a service or other innovative business models
- Technology areas to invest in
- Development partners to engage
- Ideal timing for entry and what should entry look like.
We validated our client’s vision of a new business line of automated, integrated lawncare products and provided critical information on product prioritization, a modified business model, potential technology partners, and timing of market entry.
Do you want to know when and how to move into smart, connected devices for consumers or prosumers? We provide answers and identify opportunities.